Did you know that you should continue to care for your teeth and gums while you are pregnant to avoid any unnecessary health risks that come with poor oral hygiene?
What benefits can oral health treatments during pregnancy provide? Here are a few facts about your dental health while pregnant:
– Pregnancy can increase your chances of getting gum disease.
– You can still make unvarying visits to your dentist while you are pregnant, including assistance with any oral emergencies and injuries you may have.
– Poor oral hygiene during a pregnancy has been allied with many health risks including preeclampsia, gestational diabetes, and premature delivery.
– As expected, while you are pregnant, on the verge of pregnancy, and after delivering the baby, make sure to not fall victim to sugars and instead, eat well-balanced nutritious meals.
– Always let your dentist know your current well-being, including what prenatal vitamins and medications you may be taking.
– While pregnant, continue to practice safe oral health care treatments including brushing twice daily and flossing once per day.
Dr. Gary Cappelletti and all of our wonderful team are located in Danville, California. If you would like to schedule an appointment with El Cerro Dental for oral health care while pregnant, please call our dentist office at 925-837-8564. Thank you for stopping by, and have a wonderful day!