There is a link between your smile and your heart. To go into more detail, there are medical studies that prove a connection between your oral health and heart disease. It is easy to think of our body as separate parts, rather than one body that makes a whole. As a result, many people let their oral health slide, not understanding the risk and damage they could be doing to their overall body.
Our doctor, Dr. Gary Cappelletti, understands the importance of taking care of your oral health. That is why our team at El Cerro Dental in Danville, California, is happy to share some information with you on the link between oral health and the health of your heart.
Here is a list of information on the link between your smile and heart:
– Gingivitis: A common condition, due to a gum tissue infection known as gingivitis, that can increase your risk for heart disease.
– Bacteria: Be aware that bacteria from your mouth is linked to an increased risk for heart disease.
– Oral health care: To lower your risk for heart disease, studies have shown that brushing and flossing daily can help.
– Poor oral hygiene: Heart problems such as atherosclerosis and strokes are possible if your mouth is not properly cared for.
– Endocarditis: Bacteria from your mouth that has traveled into your bloodstream can increase your risk for endocarditis.
If you have questions about your oral health, or if you need to see our doctor to restore your oral health, please call us right away at 925-837-8564 to make an appointment. Our friendly and professional dental team is willing to help you recover your oral health in any way we can.