Did you know that pregnancy can have a toll on your smile? Well, it’s true, and it’s very important to take good care of your teeth, gums, and underlying bone during those nine months. The best ways to do so are to keep up on oral hygiene (by brushing, flossing, and rinsing), visit your dentist for your routine dental cleanings and checkups, and have a balanced diet.
Today, our El Cerro Dental team is happy to help you with nutrition so you can maintain a strong and healthy smile throughout your pregnancy. We recommend doing the following things:
· Eat as many healthy foods as possible, like whole grains, fruits, vegetables, and dairy products (like milk, cheese, and yogurt).
· Eat fewer sugary foods, like candy, cookies, and cake. We also encourage you to stay away from the sugary drinks as much as possible.
· While you snack during the day, try to eat healthier foods, like cheese, yogurt, fruits, and vegetables.
· It’s very important to drink water throughout the day. If possible, drink fluoridated water. This will keep your teeth nice and strong. It’s also recommended to drink milk as much as possible and try to limit the juice, fruit-flavored drinks, and soft drinks.
· If you tend to feel nauseous, try eating small, healthy meals and snacks instead of big, heavy ones.
Call 925-837-8564 today if you have any questions or if you would like to hear additional tips. Dr. Gary Cappelletti and our friendly dental team are here to help you in any way we can, and we are happy to teach you all we know about oral health and nutrition during pregnancy. We look forward to talking with you!