Why are dentures so popular? Well, these removable appliances are common ways to replace missing teeth, filling both large and small spaces that are left by missing teeth and restoring functional smiles with ease. You can receive partial dentures if you have only a few missing teeth or complete dentures to completely fill your entire dental arch with artificial teeth.
If you are considering dentures for tooth replacement, we invite you to consider the following important benefits that come with denture placement:
- You can restore your habits of speaking and chewing naturally by using dentures to replace missing teeth.
- In addition to replacing teeth, dentures help to fill out your facial profile by supporting structures in the face that were affected by the loss of several teeth.
- Gaps in your smile can age your appearance, making you look much older than you are. The placement of dentures promotes a more youthful appearance in addition to enhancing your smile.
- Bacteria can easily accumulate in the empty spaces that are left behind by missing teeth, increasing your risk of dental problems and destabilizing the gums. When this happens, the nearby teeth can drift into the spaces, which is why it’s important to receive dentures. Dentures can stabilize the tooth arch and stop bacteria from living in these areas.
- Dentures are easy to remove for daily cleanings, or if they need to be repaired or replaced to promote better oral health.
If you would like to replace missing teeth with dentures in Danville, California, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with our doctor, Dr. Gary Cappelletti, by contacting El Cerro Dental at 925-837-8564 today.