If you suffer from bruxism, our dentist may recommend a night guard to protect your smile. Bruxism, or teeth grinding and clenching, can result in severe tooth wear and damage if not treated. Most people who suffer from bruxism are unaware of the condition because they clench and grind their teeth while they sleep. You may grind your teeth if you experience:
- Frequent migraines and tension headaches
- Severely worn teeth, exposing the inner layers of the teeth
- Chipped, cracked, flattened down, or otherwise damaged teeth
- A tight or tired feeling in the jaw muscles
- Chronic jaw and facial pain
- Indentations on the side of the tongue
Dr. Gary Cappelletti is pleased to provide night guards for our patients who suffer from teeth grinding in Danville, California. The night guard is a custom-made mouth guard that fits over your teeth while you sleep. It creates a barrier between your teeth, preventing them from grinding and clenching together. This can protect them from excessive wear and help to relieve symptoms like jaw pain and headaches. We invite you to call or visit us today at El Cerro Dental to learn more about night guards and how we can treat bruxism. We look forward to seeing you at our office soon!