When a tooth is significantly decayed or otherwise damaged, our dentist may recommend a crown to restore the tooth. Also called a cap, a crown is used to entirely encase the tooth. This restores the tooth to its optimal strength, structure, and size. Because dental crowns are created from impressions and molds of your teeth, you can rest assured that your restoration will fit your mouth comfortably and aesthetically. We offer dental crowns made from a variety of materials; many patients favor porcelain crowns for their natural-looking appearance. In most cases, it requires only two visits to our comfortable dental office to complete your crown and restore your smile’s functionality, health, and beauty.
Dr. Gary Cappelletti may suggest a crown for your smile in order to:
- Cover a dental implant
- Restore a significantly damaged or decayed tooth
- Prevent a fractured or weakened tooth from breaking apart
- Improve the functionality and appearance of a misshapen tooth
- Support a large filling when little tooth structure remains
- Enhance the beauty of a severely stained or darkened tooth
Crowns can be used for a variety of restorative and cosmetic purposes. Our dentist will help you determine whether a dental crown in Danville, California, is the right choice for improving your smile. We invite you to contact El Cerro Dental today to learn more!