Your toothbrush plays a key role in your oral health. If the instrument is not taken care of, your teeth will not receive the proper care they need. Thankfully, caring for your toothbrush is easy. Here are some basic guidelines to follow:
– Swap out your old toothbrush for a new one out every 3-4 months. If you have gum disease, do it every four to six weeks.
– Choose a brush with soft bristles; harder bristles are much more likely to scratch your tooth enamel.
– Talk to Dr. Gary Cappelletti about the best toothbrushes on the market, or look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance to ensure the product has been proven safe and effective.
– To prevent contamination, store your toothbrush in such a way that it will not touch other toothbrushes. Never share your toothbrush with others.
– If a regular toothbrush is not doing the job well, try using an electric toothbrush.
– Always use a toothbrush whose head can effortlessly fit into your mouth and reach all areas within.
– Store your toothbrush upright in a well-ventilated area. If it must be stored in a sealed container on vacations, do so only for limited amounts of time, as bacteria can grow and fester in damp areas.
We welcome you to contact El Cerro Dental at 925-837-8564 today to learn more about toothbrush care and to schedule a visit with our dentist in Danville, California. We can help you choose the right service for a brighter smile!